Keeping your lawn mower running smoothlyis a big part of maintaining a beautiful and healthy lawn and to ensuring your lawn mower will last long. Always service your lawn mower regularly to keep it in the best possible condition. Below is an in-depth guide that will assist you on how to properly maintain your lawn mower and extend its life.
- Get familiar with the owner’s manual. Read and understand the operator’s manual, to make sure you understand how to take care of the mower and avoid causing damaging to it.
- Replace the spark plug. This has to be done annually as it helps ensure your mower remains in optimum condition.
- Check the fuel. Either run the mower’s engine until the remaining gas is all used up or drain it out, and begin with new gasoline in the new mowing season.
- Basic Cleaning. To aid in performance, ensure your lawn mower is clean and free of debris. Make sure you remove any grass that is stuck underneath and generally ensure it is cleaned up and ready to be used or to go into storage.
- Check the oil. It is vital to always check the oil because if it gets too low and you continue to use your mower, you can seriously damage the engine. Use the owner’s manual for instructions on how to change lawn mower oil correctly and the proper type of oil for your lawn mower. Change the oil if it is old and replace it with new oil
- Clean or replace the air filter. A clean air filter helps your mower work efficiently. Follow the owner’s manual for specific directions on installing a replacement air filter.
- Sharpen the blades. To keep your mower running smoothly, there is need to check the blades to determine if they need sharpening. If you mow the lawn with blunt blades, it will tear the grass rather than cutting it cleanly, damaging the plants and leaving them weakened and more vulnerable to disease.
- Fog the engine. Check your owner’s manual to see if your lawn mower needs engine fogging, and be careful to follow the directions in accordance.
- Check the Tires. If you have a riding lawn mower, always check that the tires are fully inflated to help your machine run more efficiently when you use it.
With the right care, your lawn mower can last much longer and keep running smoothly all through-out the mowing season.
We are the perfect solution for all your lawn mower sales, repairs and servicing needs. Contact us today!